Baked feta pasta is a simple recipe made by oven roasting a block of feta cheese with cherry tomatoes to create a salty and cheesy sauce!
8 ounces Dried Cavatappi Pasta (or pasta of choice)
2 pints Grape Tomatoes
8 ounces blocks Feta Cheese
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
¼ cup Fresh Basil (packed chopped, plus more for serving)
- Using a baking dish that’s safe for the oven, add the tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Add the block of feta cheese to the center of the baking dish, and either flip it around a couple times to coat it with the olive oil and seasoning, or just add a touch more olive oil and a couple cracks of fresh black pepper.
- Bake it in the oven until the tomatoes burst and the feta looks melted.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, add some fresh minced garlic and fresh basil leaves.
- Mix it around immediately so that the garlic softens from the heat in the dish.
- Add cooked pasta on top and give everything a stir. The feta and tomatoes will essentially create a sauce for the pasta.